Monday 25 March 2013

MOUNTAIN HIGH, TEMPERATURES LOW AND A LITTLE EUROVISION FACT












Last week started very nicely thank you very much. Siobhan and I cycled 55 miles and for the first time I felt like I had more in the tank at the end. My mood was lifted even further the next morning when I went to pick up a parcel from the sorting office. Quercus Books, a client of mine, had sent me this beautifully illustrated book as a gift. Thank you Quercus!



When I told Siobhan, her response was – 'I hope there aren't any mountains where we're going'. I have to be honest it was mine too, but with Holland and Denmark on route, I think we might be safe.

This weekend was a different story however. With temperatures dropping yet again (yawn) and the feeling that we're entering a second ice-age, I had to cancel Special Olympics training, but stupidly attempted the following day to do a training ride. Next time it's sleeting with a wind chill of minus a zillion, please can you tell me NOT to go out on a ride?! I think that was my most unpleasureable experience on a bike. Frozen fingers and toes and a wind that literally took my breathe away. Anyone for a picnic?



And finally, here is a little Eurovision/Special Olympics fact that I worked out last week.




In fact, Special Olympics are in 170 countries!
I however will be riding from London to Malmo to raise money for Special Olympics GB. Any donations, big or small will be most welcome! 

DONATE HERE:
http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/MandyNormski

FOR MORE INFORMATION ON THE SPECIAL OLYMPICS GB:
http://www.specialolympicsgb.org.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment