Sunday 21 April 2013

CYCLING EUROVISION ROUGH ROUTE REVEALED!


ROLLER-COASTER

Well, it's been a rollercoaster week in Cycling Eurovision land. It didn't start well, as my lovely friend Siobhan who has been training with me throughout this hideous winter and was planning to come with me to Copenhagen, has had to pull out due to a back injury. Boooooo! She's gutted and I'm gutted. It won't be the same without her, but the trip for me is still going ahead. 

I've been overwhelmed by people's concern, but please be assured, I'll be boring you all senseless from the road via social media and texts. And, Siobhan being the good sport she is, especially as she doesn't like Eurovision, has still agreed at our efforts of a Eurovision Conversion. Hooray! Each evening I'll be sending her a song to critique. See the Siobhan-Conversion-Meter here. Any ideas are more than welcome!





ROUGH ROUTE REVEALED

Many people have been asking about my route. So here is a VERY rough route plan. It doesn't follow exact roads I'll be taking, but you can see where I'm planning to stop each day.


MEDIA SPONSORS

The fab team at ESCToday have offered to be the media sponsors for my crazy journey. They have been a fantastic support and the blog and logo are already up on the front page. Thank you guys!


ESC CANADA

Until this week, I had no idea that Eurovision had a following in Canada. Who knew? Well, with the wonders of Skype I had a little interview with one of the founders this evening and apparently, this should be out as a podcast on April 23rd. If you haven't heard their podcasts, please click on this link and have a listen. EscCanada

NEW PURCHASES

And look what's arrived this week. There will be no hiding now!




AND FINALLY

Although this is going to be a fun-packed Eurovision based trip, do remember that I am cycling to raise awareness and money for Special Olympics GB and their cycling programme. Any donation, big or small will be truly appreciated by myself and SOGB. Thank you so much for all of your support so far. Keep it coming! Donate here.

No comments:

Post a Comment