Friday 26 April 2013

AND I'M OFF!



Nervous, excited, nervous, excited! I can't believe the day is here. I'm finally about to start my journey. Yikes! Before I do though, I want to thank all friends and family who have been so encouraging and supportive the last few months. You've all been amazing! I know I'm going to have ups and downs along the way, but when I do, I will be keeping the Special Olympics pledge in my mind the whole way –'Let me win. But if I cannot win, let me be brave in the attempt.'

I really should be in bed getting some shut-eye now. However, I couldn't let this moment pass without choosing a Eurovision song to send me on my way. I was thinking for ages what it should be. The first song is always so important. Well, after considerable thought, there can only be one. It's not Abba and it's not Bucks Fizz. Eurovision fans, please be upstanding for 'Te Deum' – the Eurovision anthem.





1 comment:

  1. Good luck on your journey as you pedal across Europe
    Excellent first choice of Te Deum to add some gravitas to your expedition.
    I am sure there will be no "tedium" as you cycle meeting Eurovision fans and supporters of your cause.
    Good luck - Jeff

    ReplyDelete